Originally an Air Canada enRoute editorial program, Canada’s Best New Restaurants (CBNR) has grown to become a high-profile showcase of the newest top talent in the Canadian restaurant industry. Now in its 16th year, CBNR continues to strive and has become a respected restaurant ranking list in the country, while simultaneously celebrating Canada’s culinary scene for Air Canada passengers, here and abroad.
High-profile showcase of Canada’s top “foodie” talent. Robust multi-platform content marketing program that includes a 30-page editorial feature, custom in-flight videos, event series and PR.
- Generated over 275 million earned media impressions annually with 0% negative sentiment for all coverage
- The Eat & Vote Contest garnered 110 total stories, with 42 million impressions
- Eat & Vote has seen its best year yet, with a 44% increase in new participants in the contest vs. last year
- Eat and Vote received 200,000 votes from Canadians across the country for the people’s choice of Canada’s Best New Restaurants
- The CBNR Top 10 list and Press Release pickup resulted in 161 total stories, with 234 million impressions
- The winning restaurant’s chef, Joël Watanabe, was featured on CTV’s Your Morning TV segment alongside Air Canada enRoute’s editor-in-chief, Jean-François Légaré, which gained a total of 1 million impressions
- CBC Metro Morning covered the importance of the CBNR Top 10 list within the Canadian restaurant industry, resulting in 1.7 million total impressions via radio and online